We’d like to thank all the hoteliers who gave us their views at our recent forums in Newton and London. As part of our ongoing goal of making TripAdvisor the most useful marketing tool for the hospitality trade we asked a key contingent – hoteliers themselves – to come in and talk to us.
To collect relevant and all encompassing feedback, we invited a mixture of representatives including owners, Revenue Managers and Sales and Marketing Directors from different types of properties ranging from large and small hotels to B&Bs.
Their feedback was invaluable and will help us refine our focus on items such as simplifying listings edits and updates, clarifying processes, and communicating more clearly.
The hoteliers also told us that our free tools are a well kept secret and some of the things we should be shouting about are that:
• Owners can upload photos and videos to their listing; this is fast and easy to do and new photos are live within 24 hours. More info.
• Owners can select the main photo that appears on their listing – this also appears on the new photo search. More info.
• Owners can request to have old reviews removed if they date back to a previous owner or brand and proper documentation is provided.
• Owners that subscribe to a Business Listing have the ability to leverage Special Offers and raise the visibility of their listing.
If you haven’t yet registered with our free Owners’ Center and used these tools and more to manage your listing, we strongly recommend that you do so. With the feedback from our focus groups, we will continue to upgrade existing functionality and introduce new features to help owners maximize the benefits of TripAdvisor.
Photos are an important part of how travelers evaluate your property on TripAdvisor — our data shows that travelers are 150% more engaged on hotel listings that have 20 photos or more! In order to help owners best manage and showcase your photo content, we’ve created a few new tools. Those tools, along with an explanation of the basics of photo display on TripAdvisor, are detailed in our new “How to Make the Most of Photo Content & New Photo Management Tools on TripAdvisor” guide which can be accessed here. Check it out, and make sure that you’re doing all you can to enhance your listing with photo content.
One of the new tools we discuss in the guide is the ”Manage your property photo” page that has been added to the Owners’ Center. This page allows you to:
- Designate which photo you want to have serve as your primary photo
- Change your primary photo frequently, updating it for a new season, event, or property renovation
- Delete old photos
- Update photo captions
To use this feature, you need to go to your Owners’ Center and select “Manage your photos.” Please note that you will only see this page if you have uploaded photos for your property; you will not see it if you just have traveler-uploaded photos. Once you are on the “Manage your photos” page, you will:
- See a display of all owner-uploaded photos, sorted by upload date
- Be able to select a primary photo, delete photos, and enter captions
- Need to hit save to have changes take effect
- See your changes on TripAdvisor in approximately 48 hours
Check out this new tool, along with the rest of the tips in the guide, and let us know what you think!