Reporting Potential Blackmail to TripAdvisor
NEW TOOL! Report threats immediately
We hear from owners that potential “blackmail” – when a guest threatens to write a negative review unless a demand for a refund, upgrade, or other request is met – is an occasional concern. We now have a way for you to proactively report these threats before a corresponding review is submitted. Immediate reporting of blackmail threats can supplement our investigative procedure and help us keep blackmail reviews from ever reaching the site.
Below are our best practices for submitting reports of potential blackmail to TripAdvisor:
- Instruct employees to share any guest blackmail threats immediately.
- Submit a potential blackmail review report as soon as possible via the Management Center:
- Select “Manage your reviews”
- Click the link under “Dispute a review”
- Complete the form and confirm that the issue “Report blackmail” is selected
- Provide the month and year of the guest’s stay, an email address and/or a name and as many details as possible about the incident.
- Retain as much documentation relating to the report as you can including emails, voicemails, etc.
For more information, check out this guide.