In a recent post, we talked about how widgets can help you easily bring TripAdvisor content to your own website. Now let’s look at one of our most popular groups of widgets: the “Display your ratings and reviews” category.
Why are these so popular? “Display your ratings and reviews” widgets show travelers the ratings and reviews you’ve collected on TripAdvisor, giving them the fresh feedback they want to see before they book. They’re also free to download, update automatically with the latest content and offer a wide variety of configurations and sizes that work for all types of websites.
Let’s check out some of the “Display your ratings and reviews” widgets:
- Review Snippets – Our most popular review widget. It displays your TripAdvisor rating, ranking and snippets from recent reviews.
- Featured, Rated and Recommended On TripAdvisor – Popular with businesses that want to show off TripAdvisor content in a small space, this widget links travelers to your TripAdvisor property page. The quantity and quality of your reviews will determine if your property receives the “Featured”, “Rated” or “Recommended” version of this widget.
- Bravo! – This widget provides an ongoing count of your “Excellent” TripAdvisor ratings.
- Rave Review – A compact widget that features a scrolling showcase of your most recent “Excellent” review.
Want to learn more about installing “Display your ratings and review” widgets on your website? Visit www.tripadvisor.com/widgets to download yours today and use these instructions to install it.
Busy Review Express users rejoice! A new dashboard is now available to help you assess the success of your campaigns. You’ll be able to track:
- Total campaigns sent through Review Express
- Total individual emails sent, opened and clicked
- Campaign-level email metrics including sent, bounced, opened and clicked
- Recent ratings and reviews from your emails
The best part? The dashboard has been designed with the busy hospitality marketer in mind. In five minutes, you can get all of the key metrics you need to analyze and improve your Review Express campaigns.
Don’t believe it? Check out the attached article and get out your stopwatch. (And don’t miss the handy email analytics cheat sheet on page two … in case you have questions about all of the bounces, opens and clicks).
Want answers to some of your most important TripAdvisor questions? Now’s your chance!
Join us in a live panel discussion on July 2nd with our Director of Content Moderation and Senior Manager of Global Customer Support to get tips from our experts on getting more reviews, writing compelling management responses and more. Over 3,000 people have already signed up – don’t miss out!
A 15-minute live Q&A will take place after the session.
What: Reviews, Responses, and More: Advice from Customer Service
When: Tuesday, July 2 from 11AM EST to 12PM EST
Who: Adrianne Kocinski, Director of Content Moderation and
Sibu Thomas, Senior Manager of Global Customer Support
Click here to register!
We recently launched a shiny new tool to help you collect feedback from past guests. With Review Express, you can create review reminder emails in just minutes – and it’s free to use!
This post includes some of our favorite tips for powering up your Review Express strategy. Try them out today:
– Ask for guest email addresses: Avoid sending email to the wrong place by keeping your records up to date and accurate.
– Send emails regularly: Ask guests for their feedback within a few days – while your amazing service is fresh in their minds.
– Set expectations: Let guests know you’ll be sending an email to collect their feedback, and that you would really value their input.
– Test, test, test: Try something new each time you use Review Express: a different subject line, image, or “from” address could change your results.
Can’t get enough? Check out all ten tips.
Visit www.tripadvisor.com/ReviewExpress to use these tips or check out our handy step-by-step video guide to learn more.
We recently redesigned our mobile app for all major platforms and mobile web. That’s not just exciting for us and useful for travelers. It also means good things for you! Here are five reasons why:
1. It’s easier to support your neighborhood (and help yourself).
Now mobile users can add a hotel, restaurant or attraction not yet listed on TripAdvisor. How does that help you? The more delicious or fun things that show up near you on TripAdvisor, the more exciting your immediate area looks to travelers. And that can mean more potential guests for you. It’s additional appeal by association. You can even add some nearby points of interest yourself to get things started.
2. You have a new way to engage and delight your guests.
With our app’s ability to reveal and suggest nearby activities, it’s like adding a mobile concierge that supplements your own personal knowledge. So suggest the TripAdvisor mobile app to guests when they arrive or ask a question about the neighborhood. Like a local map you provide during check-in, the TripAdvisor app is another useful tool for guests to make the most of their stay. Plus, the more travelers who add and review nearby restaurants and attractions, the better your property looks (see above).
3. Now there’s a speedier way to sing your praises.
A more refined interface and new features means it’s even easier and faster for travelers to write reviews. So when they’re impressed by a great room, delicious food or memorable service, they can let everyone know on the spot.
4. You can turn your hotel into a video star.
They say the camera adds 10 pounds (or 4.5 kilos), so it’s good to bulk up your listing page with videos of your property. Travelers browsing TripAdvisor love watching videos, so it’s great news that our redesigned app makes it easy for people to view and share videos of a hotel room, restaurant or attraction. So make sure your listing page is up to date and your property looks its best!
5. Get even more impact with Mobile Upgrade.
Our already popular mobile app is even better now, so you can bet on even more travelers using it to plan trips and discover on the go. And if you’re a hotel and want to grab attention with a special offer, you’ll want Mobile Upgrade for your Business Listings subscription!
About our app:
With nearly 36 million downloads to date, the TripAdvisor mobile app has already helped millions of travelers plan and have the perfect trip. The free app is available in 20 languages on all major mobile platforms. To download the redesigned app, please visit the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
Great news! You can now display your most recent five-star review title right on your own website. The new Rave Review Widget is available to establishments that have recently received outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor and are in good standing on the site.
How does it work? Download the widget from the TripAdvisor Widget Center and follow the instructions on the page to add it to your site. Once live, the widget will display a scrolling title of your most recent five-star review. The title will automatically update each time you receive a new five-star write-up. Travelers will be able to click the widget to see all of your reviews on TripAdvisor.
“TripAdvisor’s Rave Review product makes it quick and easy for business owners to showcase their well-earned, positive reviews to potential guests,” says Christine Petersen, president of TripAdvisor for Business.
To show your TripAdvisor ranking, rating or more reviews, consider adding another widget to supplement the Rave Review tool. Other free marketing resources include the popular Review Snippets widget, Recommended On and Bravo! badges and What’s Nearby tools.